The rectangular shape of the head and body of a robot-like figure was drawn in perspective. The painter of this image had created something really quite remarkable. Painted on the corrugated metal siding, the head appeared to move as I walked past the image. Unexpectedly for once, a usually ugly piece of street art trash, became artistic treasure.
This blog is a collection of posts covering a wide variety of subjects (Subj-) loosely related to libraries, looked at from different viewpoints (-Etc). Hence: Subj Etc
Wednesday, 3 July 2013
ARTISTIC TRASH OR TREASURE?
On
a recent trip to Asheville in North Carolina, I walked past an old warehouse
building. On the corrugated steel cladding
were a series of spray-painted clichéd graffiti images. The usual run of derivative and ugly “tags”
was broken by one very striking image.
The rectangular shape of the head and body of a robot-like figure was drawn in perspective. The painter of this image had created something really quite remarkable. Painted on the corrugated metal siding, the head appeared to move as I walked past the image. Unexpectedly for once, a usually ugly piece of street art trash, became artistic treasure.
The rectangular shape of the head and body of a robot-like figure was drawn in perspective. The painter of this image had created something really quite remarkable. Painted on the corrugated metal siding, the head appeared to move as I walked past the image. Unexpectedly for once, a usually ugly piece of street art trash, became artistic treasure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment